When it comes to finding inspiration for your prom beauty look, there are few better places to turn than the red carpet …. especially the red carpet at the Oscars. Because who doesn’t want to look like a celebrity on prom night, right? Since prom season is fast approaching, we’ve pinned down 11 of our favorite hairstyles from the Oscars. Take a look, and be sure to save your favorites to take to your hair appointment on prom night.
1. Emma Stone. We loved the ladylike effect of this soft, romantic updo. It’s a perfect choice for a glamorous, retro-inspired dress.
2. Rosamund Pike. Unconventional girls, this one’s for you: Rosamund Pike’s slicked-back look had an unexpected twist: The hair under the back of her bun was shaved short.
3. Gwyneth Paltrow. The sleek sides of Gwyneth’s hair dresses up this lose-locks look.
4. Felicity-Jones. If you have bangs, consider a simple, pulled-back bun. Bangs are a style on their own, so pairing them with a lot of curls or too much height can look overdone.
5. Dakota Johnson. Another perfect example of an updo that compliments bangs. Dakota’s pretty, simple ponytail lends a “not-trying-too-hard” coolness to her overall look.
6. Sienna Miller. Her fun, braided look is on trend for prom 2015. It would be the perfect pairing for a bright, colorful crop-top style dress.
7. Cate Blanchett. A teased, slightly messy look feels modern and sophisticated. Wear it with sleek, sultry dress styles.
8. Kerry Washington. If you’re going to wear your hair down, we’re all in favor of this sleek, voluminous style with a deep side part.
9. Julianne Moore. Her look is a true, timeless classic, that looks good on anyone from 17 to 75. If you’re going for a classy, elegant prom night style, this is your perfect hair inspiration.
10. Anna Kendrick. Her loose, pulled back hairstyle is pretty and feminine without screaming “pageant queen.” This versatile updo would go with almost any dress.
11. Naomi Watts. Her imperfect waves are a modern, sophisticated take on curls. This on-trend look would be the perfect finishing touch to a sleek, sequined dress.
Images via PopSugar Beauty