There are only a few times in your life when a ball gown will be an appropriate outfit choice, and prom just happens to be one of them. So if you’re considering donning a dress that will make you feel like a princess on prom night, we say go for it. Full, flouncy gowns are equal parts feminine and fun, and since they’re such a classic look, we get in dozens of gorgeous styles each year so there is always plenty to choose from.
To show just how stunning the style can be, here are 10 of the best ball gown prom dresses for 2015.
1. Jovani 92663. A beaded bodice, royal blue color, and slightly drop-waist style makes this dress a downright showstopper.
2. Tarik Ediz 92183. For a true princess moment, look no farther than this beautiful ball gown, which features paillette detailing on the corset top, and a full tulle skirt.
3. Tony Bowls 113513. Love the way this dress looks in the photo? In person, its sequins are downright jaw dropping. The neutral champagne color ensures that the look is still sophisticates, too.
4. Jovani 6401. This sweet style reminds us of Cinderella’s dress.
5. Mac Duggal Prom 64640H. We couldn’t take our eyes off of the aqua green color of this dress, which pops against the silver sequined bodice.
6. Tony Bowls 115561. True, white ball gowns might traditionally be equated with weddings, but in this case, the butterfly detailing at the bottom of the dress keep the style youthful and fun.
7. Disney Forever Enchanted Prom 35581. If you prefer a dress on the darker side, this gothic-style gown might be just the dress for you.
8. Sherri Hill 32085. This sunny yellow dress incorporates on of 2015’s hottest trends, the crop top, into the traditional ball gown look.
9. Sherri Hill 21334. This dress proves that you don’t have to show skin to be the best-dressed girl at prom. In this case, a high neckline and full skirt create a modest, but utterly glamorous look.
Which dress is your favorite? Let us know in the comments section, below.